Sunday, March 30, 2008

Superhero Photo Challenges #5 and #6

I'm a little behind with my Superhero Photo Challenges - and I'm kinda cheating since I didn't take any new pics specifically for the challenges!

Superhero Photo Challenge #5: Eyes Closed
The goal of this challenge is to take portraits with the subject's eyes closed. I'm actually a fan of this technique - for a couple reasons. 1) I have a kinda wonky eye that always closes before the other one and I also tend to blink in most pics 2) I think it tends to add an element of peacefulness to certain images.

The one picture that sprang to mind was one of Emily and Hillel that they used on their wedding program. Emily has the same 'eyes closed' issue as I do with pictures. I can't find a digital copy of it right now so you will have to take my word for it - it's such a sweet, romantic picture - and the eyes closed really adds to the image because Emily looks so blissed out.

Anyway, I didn't have a chance to bug any of my friends to pose for portraits so here are a couple of my self-portraits:




Superhero Photo Challenge #6: Out the Window

Perfect timing for this challenge - which is to simply shoot out a window. I love photographing out of windows whether they are at my house, car, airplane, train, whatever. I lucked out on my last airplane trip. Not only did I have a window seat - but also a gorgeous sunrise and a clear view of Mt. Hood. So I took a ton of pics from the airplane window and here are a couple of my faves.




2 comments:

sunnywave said...

ooh i love, love, love these photos, heath! (and excuse me, love that boombalicious cleavage!!! **whistle**hoot**whistle**) xoxoxoxo

carmen said...

beautiful!!