Wednesday, March 26, 2008

do not go gentle into that good night


I arrived back in Portland yesterday after attending Jenny's dad's memorial in Indiana. I wanted to post some pics from my trip - and this great one of Bruce with Laura, Jeff, Jenny, Char and Brent at Xmas. It's hard to believe that was just three months ago. I'm better with pictures than words but I will say that it was a really 'good' memorial. It definitely drove home the fact that Bruce was truly a good man. He touched many lives and I will forever be grateful and thankful that he came in to Jenny's life. My heart aches for their family. I'm so glad I could be there and in help out in some small way.

And of course, having a little Charlotte time was wonderful - she's such a joy! She's talking up a storm and sooooo freakin' cute. And happily, she seems to be equal opportunity with the aunties and uncles. But Uncle Eric (Bruce's son) was definitely her favorite - and who can resist an adorable 20 month old screeching "UNCLE!!!" from across the house. Having her around definitely helped lighten the grief at times...





2 comments:

Nanimal said...

this is a really nice post, I am so glad you were there

sunnywave said...

thank you honey for this sweet post. we love you. sunnywave, the squirrel, and b.d.