Thursday, February 21, 2008

lunar eclipse



I didn't think we would actually get to see the lunar eclipse here in rainy, cloudy Portland - but yesterday afternoon the skies cleared and it was gorgeous. I ended up getting home late from my Women Build meeting so I only caught about the second half of it...which was still pretty cool.

Of course, I ran inside, grabbed my camera (also bumped in to the neighbors on my way out and got them out to see it). So, I don't have a tripod or the steadiest hand so I quickly gave up (after a brief moment of cursing my tripodlessness) on getting any really good shots and just started playing around. And I think they turned out kinda cool...






My neighbor asked me (as we were all standing around in the cold gaping at the moon) if I was a photographer and of course, I immediately said "oh not really." Still working on the ole confidence thing, I guess!

3 comments:

sunnywave said...

oh my god, heath, these are gorgeous!!!! i love looking through your lens--i'm constantly amazed at how the world is interpreted and re-interpreted. thank you sooooo much for sharing.

xoxoxoxox love you

Nanimal said...

Sunny spoke exactly what I was thinking.

carmen said...

beautiful. I am in agreement that you have interesting lens to the world. Keep shooting!