Wednesday, December 24, 2008

265/365


265/365
Originally uploaded by heathre
From my 365 self-portrait today:

home

I've been thinking about the word home alot in the last 36 hours as I way make my way home - to one of my homes. My parents live in Michigan - I spent 22 years of my life between Otsego, Kalamazoo and Ann Arbor. Now I call Portland home, but my parent's house is always home, especially for the holidays. I feel incredibly fortunate to have such amazing parents - as well as my 'chosen family' - who I get to see on Friday.

I'll be mostly offline for the next week or so - thanks to the parents' super-slow dial up. Happy Holidays to y'all - wherever you make your home.

And because this song has been stuck in a loop in my head for my entire trip: www.youtube.com/watch?v=a96jhIWZHAs

2 comments:

sunnywave said...

love you heathy-girl!!! merry christmas to all and all a good night! :)

carmen said...

love the hand. Hope your stay in Newark was brief and that you had a great Christmas. Lots of love