Mari is my coworker/astrologer. She did my basic natal astrology chart as part of her apprenticeship and gives me occasional updates on other 'astrological events' going on. She has a gift for presenting the information in a very positive way and highlighting the free will aspect. It doesn't 'predict' anything, but it can help highlight areas that may need focus. Whether you buy in to it all or not, it is freakishly spot-on for what I've been going through the past year. I'm mainly posting this as a reminder to myself :)
These are her 'highlights' for my solar return (aka my year October 3rd 2012 to October 2nd 2013)
- There are 4 planets (Sun, Mercury, Saturn, and Venus) closely aligned in your 4th house (house of home, family and the emotions), all hanging out in Libra. This is a lot of Libra energy tightly banded together. Likely, you'll feel compelled to spend a lot of time and energy creating beauty and balance in your home, probing into the past, and trying to maintain a cool objectivity in the face of your emotions.
- These planets in your 4th house are forming a hard angle with Uranus in Aries in the 10th house (house of career and taking power). Aries, as you know, is your blind spot. But this year, it's essential that you learn to balance the Libra 4 by leaning more into Uranian and Aries energy. You can do this by really trusting your gut instincts and taking on the warrior role when it comes to your career. You need to be willing to fight for what you want (a very Aries trait) in this area of your life this year. You can also balance the Libra 4 by seeking out a public, career role that is unusual, quirky, eccentric, or innovative (the typical Uranus traits). With Uranus in the 10th house, I would suspect that the field you decide on will surprise you, will be one you might not have chosen in the past, but now it looks good to you.
- Pluto is in your 6th house (house of work, service and health/healing) working to destroy the way you work in the day to day world and how you relate to health and healing. He's doing this so that you can see past the inauthentic surface to find the true self, your authentic mission. Pluto's right next to the moon in this house, so he's definitely making your safety/security-minded moon uncomfortable. Both planets are in Capricorn, so I think the fact that you're working with a career counselor is great as it gives Capricorn satisfaction knowing that this deep transformation is being approached in a pragmatic way with clear, concise goal setting.
- The North Node is in Sagittarius, so that tells me that your life's purpose this year has to do with travel or foreign cultures and/or exploring in depth your belief systems. It also could mean that you are meant to embark on some sort of learning or mastery path.
- As for relationships, it does seem with 4 planets in Libra this would be a year for entering one. I can't imagine with all that Libra energy not seeking that out. Plus you have Cancer rising this year, so people will see you as someone seeking authentic, intimate connection that is mutually nurturing. It also makes me wonder if the "mother" thing and the idea of having children is supposed to come up this year, since Cancer is the mother symbol.
- Jupiter's in the 11th house (house of friendship and community) forming an easy angle with Pluto and the Moon, so you have the opportunity to ease your transformation by leaning into this area of life. Forming friendships and joining communities will really benefit you this year. I would say it would be key to do a lot of networking and to be really open to making new connections.
- You also have easy angles forming between Mars in the 2nd house and the 4 Libra planets in the 4th house, so any work you do on getting clear on your values and what matters to you will help those planets find the balance they're seeking.